This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our disclosure policy.
It just can’t get any better than apple cheesecake stuffed french toast. It just CAN’T! This is your perfect Sunday morning fall breakfast, and it’s to die for.
This recipe totally came out of left field. I was working on Apple pie Overnight Oats and I wanted to add the mixture to something else and it just came to me. Add some cream cheese and stuff it into some toast. YES girl.
I can’t believe how good this turned out. I made it, and my husband ate a ton immediately. What I love most is how easy this recipe is to make. Just make the mixture start the toast and put the slices together! Simple as that.
Your family will be begging you for more once they’ve tried how good this is!
Make it, you can thank me later.
- 2 apples chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3/4 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 3 eggs
- 8 slices brioche or challah bread
- 1/4 cup almond milk or milk of choice
- pinch salt
- Sauté apples in 1 tbsp butter with 1 tbsp maple syrup, 1/2 tbsp cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla extract and salt
- Cook until apples are lightly translucent. Take off heat and mix with cream cheese.
- Beat eggs, milk, and the rest of the cinnamon and maple syrup together in a bowl. Lay in a large dish to dip the bread into, something like a casserole dish.
- Melt remaining butter over low-medium heat in a sauté pan
- Dip both sides of the bread in the batter and lay 2 slices in the pan. Once one side of each piece is golden and lightly toasted, flip and spread apple cream cheese mixture on both and then place the other toasted side on top like a sandwich.
- Sauté until golden brown and then flip and sauté second side. Repeat with remaining slices and syrup with maple syrup and butter!