This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our disclosure policy.
This baked salmon is light, fresh and easy to make. Complete in 25 minutes and great for an any-time-of-the-year recipe!
Another Whole30 approved recipe this month! Trying to get that summer bod, courtesy of Whole30, though seeing Frosé and Aperol Spritz everywhere is making it nearly impossible to stick with it in the California heat wave! My willpower is seriously weak.
One of my favorite recipes to make while I’m on the Whole30 is this baked salmon with balsamic cherry tomatoes. It’s easy and really flavorful. I also love that the balsamic adds a slightly sweet depth of flavor. That’s in large part due to the fact that I buy really good quality balsamic vinegar. I love to buy from Baker and Olive. They’re local here in SoCal, based in San Diego. Buying quality balsamic makes a huge difference in the flavor and quality of the food you make.
This baked salmon recipe is very simple and comes together in only 25 minutes, perfect for a weeknight dinner. This is great dish for summer because it’s really light and fresh, and makes amazing left overs for salad the next day!
Whether you’re Whole30-ing or just in the mood for a great summer dinner, this salmon is great for any meal. Recipe here:
Baked Salmon with Balsamic Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 2-3lb salmon fillet
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes scored
- 1 tbsp quality balsamic vinegar
- 1 shallot chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh basil chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon zest
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Pat salmon dry and rub 1 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper on both sides to coat evenly, and place on foil lined baking sheet skin-side down, cooking for approx. 15 minutes
- While salmon heat saute pan over medium heat and add olive oil
- Once hot, add shallot and cook until translucent (approx 2 minutes)
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds
- Add cherry tomatoes and cook down until collapsed and wrinkled (5 minutes)
- Take off heat and drizzle with balsamic
- Cut salmon into quarters and serve covered in balsamic tomatoes. Top with sprinkle of lemon zest and basil
If you’re looking for other amazing Whole30 recipes, check out my Tarragon Chicken, Mexican Shakshuka, or Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes!
Wow! That looks super delicious! Great recipe! My hubby is a huge sucker for shrimp dishes!