This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our disclosure policy.
These chicken lettuce wraps are the perfect summer dinner. They’re light, delicious and easy to make! With ground chicken sautéed with a savory sweet sauce topped with cashews, rice noodles, peppers and whatever toppings you like!
Ok, these are really freakin good. Seriously.
I love lettuce wraps and don’t eat them nearly enough. Probably because I’m in an unhealthy relationship with carbs.
To be honest, these were initially created as a vessel for eating my home-made peanut sauce. Because I’m crazy about that stuff. If I’m being COMPLETELY honest, sometimes I just eat that with a spoon. My apologies if you find that gross but I think it’s the bomb-diggity and I’ll eat that anytime any day. Yum. Really though, I created several recipes to go along with my peanut sauce because it’s so good on multiple different dishes. Thai chicken tacos, Shrimp and mango spring rolls, or even drizzled on top of a basic Buddha bowl.
This is best made in a wok, but can easily be made in a non-stick. I think what I love most about these is that you can easily eat these chicken lettuce wraps with OR without the sauce because they’re delicious all on their own. I tend to do a mix of both (because I eat four or five fully stuffed in one sitting – NO shame). Peanut sauce on 2 or 3 and unmodified with veggies on the other 2 or 3.
These are also so great to add whatever toppings you like. I personally love chopped cashews, cilantro, vermicelli noodles, cucumber salad, and bell peppers. But these are very versatile so add whatever toppings you want!
^^Peanut sauce is seriously the best part. Seriously.
Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 onion
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1/2 jalapeno
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper
- 1 head romaine or butter lettuce
- Toppings: Peanut sauce, bell peppers, cucumber salad, vermicelli noodles, chopped cashews
- Heat oils in a large non-stick pan or wok
- While waiting for the pan to fully heat, dice 1/2 onion, 1 red bell pepper, and 1/2 jalapeño
- Add onion and peppers to the pan and cook until translucent
- Add garlic, ginger salt and pepper and cook 30 seconds more
- Add chicken and cook until no longer pink. Once fully cooked take off heat, drain pan and stir in hoisin and soy sauce.
- Let sit for a couple minutes then top with fresh cilantro and assemble in lettuce cups with your favorite toppings!