This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our disclosure policy.
With Christmas coming just around the corner, you’ll need some tasty appetizers and snacks to hold your family over. These candied nuts are easy, delicious and fast to make!
OK CHRISTMAS IS COMING… That’s me panicking like Gayle in Company is coming. If you haven’t watched that youtube video, that’s every mom before they host company and it’s hilarious. Or at least it’s 100% my mom before company comes over.
On a very real note though, I’m slightly panicking because I’m (as usual) not prepared with all of my gifts and groceries. I’ve taken over the role of Christmas chef this year and I’m completely not ready. Stilling mulling around what I want to make but at least I have my apps ready to go!
I know at the very least i’ll be making some Rosemary Roasted Garlic Mashed potatoes! And maybe Boeuf Bourguignon again, it was a huge hit last year.
These chocolate covered candied nuts were created with Christmas in mind. Sweet, salty, slightly spicy and so tasty – these only require a couple ingredients and can be made in no time at all.
What I love most about these is that I can get my chocolate fix without having to eat an entire chocolate bar. You can even make this with dark chocolate and make it a healthy snack for the holidays!
- 12 oz salted mixed nuts
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips I used 1/4c white 1/4c semi-sweet
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp chili powder optional
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 325
- In a large bowl, mix together nuts, spices and maple syrup until well coated
- On a lined baking sheet, spread nut mix evenly and bake in oven for 10-15 minutes or just until syrup crystalizes and color has slightly darkened
- Take nut mix out of oven and let cool
- In double boiler or slowly in the microwave, melt the chocolate
- Once the mix has cooled, drizzle the chocolate over the nut mixture and let dry
- Mix in cranberries and enjoy!