This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our disclosure policy.
Delicious, easy to make and totally worth it, these bacon deviled eggs are a step up to your traditional recipe.
I’m one of those weird people who eats more than my fair share of deviled eggs at a party. I used to be embarrassed about it but now I embrace it. I’m 29, there’s no more hiding my food shame, and who has time for that anyway? Food’s too good to pretend like you don’t want to eat more. And more and more…
I don’t know what it is about deviled eggs, maybe the fluffiness? Maybe the mustard. Not really sure exactly but either way, it eat more than my cholesterol’s fair share of any version of a deviled egg.
Now, this isn’t your mom’s deviled egg recipe (not that there’s anything wrong with hers- I bet she makes fantastic eggs). This is a unique twist because, as usual, I added a few fun extras. I mean, I just added some candied bacon and home-made tomato jam. Not too crazy right?
This is for all you salty-sweet lovers out there, like me. Delicious, savory egg mixture topped with a home-made tomato jam and some *mildly* spicy candied bacon. Out of this world good, and perfect for summer!
I you don’t want to take the time to make your own tomato jam but you want some with your eggs, this is a good back up! These candied bacon deviled eggs are great with or without the tomato jam, but the jam is definitely a GREAT add-on.
Candied Bacon Deviled EggsPrint Pin Rate
- 1 dozen hardboiled eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line a baking sheet with foil and place a oven safe rack on the baking sheet so the bacon can drain
- Mix brown sugar and cayenne pepper in a bowl and coat bacon on each side with mixture
- Put bacon on the baking rack, and place in oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until bacon is lightly crispy, flipping once inbetween. Take out and let cool.
- While bacon cooks, cut eggs in half and remove the yolk
- mix the yolk, mayonnaise, mustards, salt and pepper until well blended
- Stuff the egg mixture back in the halved eggs
- Chop up bacon and top the eggs