This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our disclosure policy.
This triple berry crumble is decadent, delicious and damn amazing. This is the perfect dessert topped with vanilla-maple butter sauce a la mode with vanilla bean ice cream.
I’ve been a little MIA here because we have been moving and just moved into a great house in a great neighborhood! We are elated about the move, but it has been tolling and can I just say that packing, moving and unpacking is literally the worst? It 100% is. I moved back to Yorba Linda, where I grew up and I’m so excited to be back!
First things first, now that I’m settled, I’m sharing this incredible crumble recipe with you. It’s sweet, but not too sweet, gluten free, and is AMAZING a la mode. With real vanilla bean ice cream of course!
This amazingness was actually created several weeks ago but I have NOT had any time to post it! This is my gluten free mixed berry crumble with vanilla butter sauce. It’s amazing AND it’s made in ONE cast iron pan! Can I get an AMEN?!?
I’d also like to add, this is definitely best consumed with a bottle of red or with something amazing like my Raspberry Strawberry Frozen Prosecco Mimosas.
I used blueberries, blackberries and raspberries but this would also be amazing with strawberries. This is also gluten-free which is just the cherry on top of this deliciously wonderful crumble.
I used Ottos Cassava Flour along with oats, pecans and butter for the topping and the texture is perfect! You wouldn’t even know that this is gluten free. Cassava flour is a great replacement for flour because it’s almost a 1:1 ratio to swap out.
This crumble is truly great for any season, however I love this in fall alongside a nice glass of my apple cider sangria or my spiked hot apple cider by the fireside. My absolute favorite way to spend fall nights. Did I mention that I have a gorgeous new fireplace? Because I do. You don’t have to be jealous, but I would completely love you to be.
Gluten-Free Triple Berry Crumble
- cast iron pan
- 2 cups raspberries
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups blackberries
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp cassava flour
- 3/4 cup cassava flour
- 2/3 cup oats
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/3 cup pecans
- pinch salt
- 6 tbsp butter softened
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Add all ingredients from the berries category in a bowl, stir a couple times and let sit to meld together while you put together the rest of the ingredients
- Start with the crumble topping. Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl, then chop up the butter into 1/4 inch pieces and mix together by hand until it forms into "pea" sized pieces
- Butter a cast iron pan and add (in this order) berry mixture and crumble topping
- Bake for 20-25 mintutes or until crumble is golden brown on top and berry mixture is bubbling
- While the crumble bakes, add butter to a sauce pan and melt down. Add vanilla and maple and cook down sauce on low until it's syrupy.
- Take crumble out of the oven. Top with *real* vanilla bean ice cream and the vanilla maple butter sauce and enjoy hot