This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our disclosure policy.
This Thanksgiving and Christmas, treat your family to a delicious and healthy side dish that will please a crowd! These brussels sprouts with pomegranate glaze are decadent and easy to make.
I love, love love love LOVE Brussel sprouts. Seriously love. I don’t know what in the world was happening before, but I just have to say that I’m so glad that someone figured out that Brussel sprouts don’t suck! They’re actually extremely tasty when made correctly. And by tasty I mean pretty god damn delicious. Pardon my french.
This recipe was actually created with Thanksgiving in mind. I wanted something luxurious and lightly sweet without and of the guilt. This glaze is made with zero sugar or additives, it’s just juice and spice. Not often you find something that easy, delicious and healthy. That’s the trifecta we’re all shooting for these days.
If you’re looking to set up your perfect Thanksgiving table, you should also check out my cranberry sauce, roasted garlic and rosemary mash or my sausage and apple cornbread stuffing recipes!
I use Pom Pomegranate Juice but you can use any brand, just DO NOT for the love of god use a juice cocktail version. This is much better (and not to mention healthier) if you use real 100% pomegranate juice.
Now, this is a truly healthy recipe but it will not taste healthy, which is why I love it so much. AND this is Whole30 approved, so even while you’re doing the Whole30 diet, you don’t have to miss out on any delicious flavor! I love serving this alongside a great roasted chicken with a salad or roasted potatoes!
The recipes is below for you to make and enjoy! Leave a comment or send me a message and let me know what you thought about the recipe, I love to hear from everyone!
- 1 1/2 lbs brussels sprouts
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut Brussel sprouts into halves.
- Cover baking sheet with foil and place Brussel sprouts on sheet. Drizzle with olive oil salt and pepper and toss until well coated and incorporated.
- Place Brussel sprouts in oven and cook for about 25 minutes.
- While Brussels are baking, pour pomegranate, orange juice, turmeric and cinnamon in sauce pan and cook on med low until reduced into a glaze.
- Take Brussel sprouts out of the oven and toss with glaze. Top with pomegranate seeds and enjoy!
Leave a Reply