This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our disclosure policy.
I’ll just come out and say it, I’m obsessed with prosciutto. Crazy obsessed. I can pretty much eat and entire package by myself, which is kind of gross if you think about it. So a lot of the time I avoid it. It’s just TOO good. A guilty pleasure x10.
These skewers though, are delicious and help me get my fix of prosciutto without overdoing it and eating an entire package by myself. The combo of savory and sweet is so heavenly on this skewer. Plus it’s so easy to make, you can complete this entire appetizer in 5 minutes. You’ll seriously impress your guests, they’ll never think it takes like a 5 minute appetizer.
I think my favorite thing about this appetizer is that it just screams bougee. Pinky up- judging other people – sipping on champagne kind of bougee. You could show these off at a big fancy shindig or you can serve these skewers at a summer bbq, they’re actually pretty versatile. Bring this along with Summer Rosé Sangria and you’ll be the baddest bougee-est babe in the house. Your friends and family will thank you!
- 1 3-4 oz package prosciutto
- 1 cantaloupe
- 8 oz mozzarella
- 1-2 oz fresh basil leaves
- olive oil and balsamic glaze (or high quality aged balsamic vinegar) for drizzling
- Cut melon in half. Use a melon baller to scoop out tiny circles of melon, or cut into 1/2" cubes if you do not have a melon baller.
- Cut or tear prosciutto into quarters
- Cut mozzarella into 1/2" cubes
- Skewer in layers of basil leaves, prosciutto, melon and mozzarella. Repeat once more for each skewer.
- Drizzle the entire batch with olive oil and balsamic glaze or vinegar.