This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our disclosure policy.
This Sausage, Potato and Kale Soup is absolutely delicious and the perfect soup to warm up and winter night. Plus it’s extremely easy and Whole30 approved!
The October Whole30 was a little bit difficult. I’m not going to lie. I kept trying to come up with recipes but would either make them up and totally forget to write them down, or to be perfectly honest they weren’t great. Usually when I Whole30, I rely on other recipes because it’s just easier when you’re eating so specifically. This time though, I really wanted to push myself to step out of my bubble and create!
I created this from scratch and I totally love it. Really, really love it. It’s like a lightened up version of Olive Garden’s Zuppa Toscana. There are a lot of recipes out there that include coconut milk, but I just don’t love those because of the coconut undertone.
This Sausage and Potato soup is a coconut-free, light and completely delicious. This isn’t a second’s type soup, it’s a third’s type soup. I’m almost making it weekly, and it’s Whole30 so there is no guilt in eating it!
Some other great Whole30 recipes that I adore:
Sausage Potato Kale SoupPrint Pin Rate
- 3 slices Bacon
- 1 onion
- 1 lb kielbasa or smoked sausage
- 1 bunch Kale
- 6 cups good chicken stock
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 medium potatoes
- Chop bacon slices and cook in dutch oven or soup pot over medium high until crispy.
- While bacon is cooking, dice onion, and chop the sausage and potatoes.
- Remove with slotted spoon and add olive oil.
- Cook onions down until translucent and add sausage.
- Cook sausage until browned on each side.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 30 minutes.