This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our disclosure policy.
This smoked salmon appetizer is crazy easy, light and delicious. Made with smoked salmon, mascarpone and lemon, how can you go wrong?
Put anything on a little crostini, and it’s instantly delicious right? Maybe I’m the only one who thinks that way. I seriously LOVE little bread toasts with all kinds of spreads and toppings, and I tend to bring that at my pot luck appetizer to friend’s parties. A few times a year though, I take on the whole 30 challenge to keep my body and diet in balance, so my love of crostini is put on the back burner multiple times a year, which is SO frustrating since I could eat bread with every meal and not think twice about it.
I also love fresh smoked salmon and dill. It’s a go to breakfast that I can put together in a flash and it tastes delicious. I wanted to turn that option into a dish to serve at summer parties that won’t weigh everyone down and make them feel like they just ate an entire hoagie sandwich. This is a light, lemony option to bring over as an hors d’oeuvre or serve to guests at your house for a day time summer party. Last time I brought these little puppies to a party they were gone in 5 minutes flat. I’ll try to remember to take more next time!
I use pink peppercorn for this but you can just as easily use fresh cracked black pepper.
These have a lovely combination of dill, lemon, capers and pink peppercorn in the cream mixture that is so heavenly topped with salmon. I just toast up some sliced bread with olive oil, salt and pepper and then spread this on top and cut up some smoked salmon and it only take a few minutes to put the entire thing together! Treat your friends and family to a light and luxurious crostini for your next group outing.
If you’re looking for other fantastic appetizer recipes, check out Table and Dish’s app round up or look at this Baked Brie, Cheese Wreath Spread, Cheddar Cheese Shortbreads, Spinach Artichoke Arancini, Sun Dried Tomato Basil Torte, or these Keto Cheese Cucumber Bites!
Smoked Salmon Crostini Appetizer
- 1 French baguette
- olive oil, salt and pepper (for bread)
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche or mascarpone
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp capers chopped
- 2-3 tbsp dill chopped
- 4 oz smoked salmon
- 1 tsp pink peppercorns optional
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut baguette into small 1/4" slices. Line baking sheet with foil and arrange baguette slices on sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper and toast for approx. 10 minutes or until golden.
- While toast is toasting, mix cream cheese, creme fraiche or mascarpone, lemon zest and juice, capers, dill, pink peppercorn and salt in a bowl until well combined.
- slice smoked salmon into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- Once the toasts are cooled, spread the cream mixture and top with salmon. Bon Appetit!