This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our disclosure policy.
Thai Chicken Tacos are easy, delicious, and the perfect weeknight meal, fit for everyone. These tacos are made up of shredded rotisserie chicken topped with a fresh cucumber-cabbage slaw, cilantro, lime and jalapeño and drizzled with a sweet and salty peanut sauce.
Happy Memorial Monday everyone! I’m so excited to relax this weekend. I’ll definitely be working on some more posts and recipes (coming soon!) but I will also be taking a relaxing weekend to myself to recharge. Sometimes you just need a little break, you know? Some “you” time. Treat Yo-self. I hope you all are doing the same!
Earlier this week, I began working on this recipe that I’ve been wanting to make for a long time now. Mainly because I LOVE LOVE LOVE peanut sauce (like crazy stalker love), but also because I’m so in to fusion tacos. Or I guess any taco really, now that I think about it. This taco/peanut sauce obsession led to these Thai Chicken Tacos. They’re so fresh and delicious – and so colorful too.
These easy tacos are so simple: shredded chicken, a fresh cabbage carrot slaw, cilantro and home made peanut sauce. YUM. These tacos are so light and tasty, I could eat these every night. And did I mention, they’re very easy to make? Pretty sure I’ve said that about 30 times but I just want to make that clear. A half an hour maximum to make these! Can’t get much better than that.
Here is the recipe:
Thai Chicken Tacos
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup peanut sauce store bought or home made
- 1 lime
- 8-12 corn tortillas
- Additional toppings: Thinly sliced jalapeños, mango salsa, bean sprouts, wonton chips
- tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 cup green cabbage
- 1/2 cup red cabbage
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 medium cucumber
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp sweetener of choice coconut or brown sugar, honey
- 1 tbsp soy sauce low sodium
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- Chop the cabbage, carrots and cucumber into matchstick sized pieces and place into bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients for mango slaw over the top and stir until well combined. Marinate 10-15 minutes.
- Reheat the rotisserie chicken if necessary. Toss the warmed chicken with half of the peanut sauce.
- Get your tortillas ready (either microwave with a damp paper towel, or toast on the stove) and assemble the tacos. Fill tortillas with chicken, cabbage slaw, cilantro and top with a drizzle (or more) peanut sauce. Add thinly sliced jalapeno slices, tasty mango salsa or more fun toppings. Squeeze some lime over the top. Enjoy!
** If you prefer to purchase your peanut sauce, this is a great one! I’ve tested it out when I am in a bind and want peanut sauce without the effort – it’s a good backup.