This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our disclosure policy.
This Thai peanut sauce has been created with love and is absolute perfection. Perfect for recipes like Thai Chicken Tacos, Thai chicken lettuce wraps, shrimp and mango spring rolls, and SO much more!
OK OK OK. I’m so obsessed with this sauce. I think I could eat it on literally anything – or any protein at least. I’m not going to go insane and throw it on top of chicken noodle soup or anything. But most other things – I’ll complete drown in this.
It’s so tasty and versatile, I am obsessed with this sauce.
I think what I love the most about this Thai peanut sauce is that it’s a perfect balance of savory and sweet. And I’m all about that, anything that finds that zen balance of savory and sweet is totally my jam.
If I’m being perfectly honest, I created recipes JUST to eat this with. Thai lettuce wraps, chicken tacos, shrimp and mango spring rolls – all created just for the purpose of shoveling this sauce into my mouth. Sad but true. I’m in love.
There’s not much more to say about it, you just have to try it to get it! Side Note – Weck Jars (in the picture) are my absolute favorite way of storing this sauce – they have the best seal if you’re not canning.
- 3/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 1/2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 lime
- pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tbsp water (or more as needed to achieve desired consistency)
- If not already minced, mince garlic and fresh ginger
- zest the lime, and then juice
- add all ingredients to bowl and mix until well combined
- Add water 1 tbsp at a time to get the consistency you want