This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our disclosure policy.
This turkey pot pie is SO good. Delicious creamy turkey pie center, topped with a layer of leftover mashed potatoes and topped with a stuffing crust.
I always look forward to leftovers, but I feel like they slowly get worse as you microwave them and get soggy. And I really hate reheated microwaved turkey.
Luckily this delish pot pie keeps your turkey perfectly moist and has so much flavor from all of your leftovers combined! I seriously think the stuffing crust is the “moistmaker” key to this recipe. It’s like thanksgiving in one delicious bite. Better yet, you’ll have almost everything on hand so you don’t even need to shop! Those are my favorite kinds of recipes.
This is also great because you get all that thanksgiving flavor but it’s a little different because the pot pie filling is like an entirely new element! This is really versatile, but do not, for the love of God, skip the seasonings. The pie won’t even be the same, so make sure you have dried or fresh parsley on hand with poultry seasoning!
I make the filling with fresh leeks, peas and carrots, however, if you have other leftover veggie sides you can substitute! Green beans would be great in this, though I wouldn’t add in the entire green bean casserole.
For this recipe I used a smoked turkey, my sausage and apple cornbread stuffing, and my garlic mashed potatoes, but any stuffing and mash would be fantastic here!
If you’re looking for other great thanksgiving leftovers, check out Devour Dinner’s turkey tetrazzini or This Healthy Table’s turkey tacos!
OK now check out the recipe below!
Turkey Pot Pie with Stuffing Crust
- Pie Dish
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 large carrots chopped
- 3 leeks
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 4 leaves fresh sage finely chopped
- 1 tbsp poultry seasoning
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 cup chicken or turkey stock
- 1 cup peas
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 1/2 cups chopped or shredded turkey
- 1 tbsp flour
- 2 cups mashed potatoes optional
- 3-4 cups stuffing enough to cover the top of the pie
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Heat Olive oil in deep skillet or saute pan over medium and add carrots. Cook until soft, about 4 minutes. Add leeks and butter and cook 2-3 minutes more until leeks are just fragrant.
- Add sage, white wine and cook 2 minutes, then add chicken stock, poultry seasoning, parsley, turkey, peas and milk and bring to a low simmer – careful not to curdle milk.
- stir in flour until incorporated and pour in a pie dish.
- Top with a layer of mashed potatoes and then a layer of stuffing and bake in oven for approx 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Leave a Reply