This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our disclosure policy.
If you’re looking for a refreshing spring/summer cocktail, look no further than this White Sangria with Grapefruit and Strawberry! Made with fresh grapefruit and strawberries, Kim Crawford sauvignon blanc, elderflower liqueur, and topped with some sparkling water!
A few years back I went to Spain. It was glorious, I saw ALL of the Gaudi and ate ALL of the food. I also partook in enjoying Sangria like nobody’s business. Since then, I make sangria quite often. If I’m invited to a party, I’m usually showing up with some.
This Grapefruit and Strawberry White Sangria is so light and delicious, and not too bitter at all. That’s an issue I find with a lot of grapefruit, for a lot of people it’s way too bitter. But with this mix of elderflower liqueur and sauvignon blanc, it’s the perfect blend.
One tip, please make sure to let this sit at least 4 hours to really let those flavors meld together and get the flavor of the fresh strawberry and grapefruit in the white sangria. That will make all of the difference.
What I love most is sipping this white sangria out in my backyard on a Sunday evening. It’s great with light dishes like Salmon with Balsamic Cherry tomatoes or Prosciutto, peach and burrata salad. It’s also great by itself with a home-made cheese board.
I prefer to make this with Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc because it has grapefruit notes and enhances the grapefruit in this white sangria. You can also use other white wines without any issue, I just prefer Kim Crawford for this particular one.
White Sangria with Grapefruit and Strawberry
- 1 pink grapefruit
- 1/2 lb strawberries
- 1 bottle white wine Kim Crawford preferred
- 1/2 cup elderflower liqueur
- 1/2 cup triple sec
- 12 oz sparkling water Grapefruit or strawberry spindrift are great
- Slice grapefruit and strawberries into slices and place in large pitcher
- Pour white wine, elderflower liqueur and triple sec over fruit and lightly stir
- Cover and let sit in fridge 4-8 hours prior to serving
- Right before serving, pour the sparkling water over the top. Give one more quick stir, and pour into glasses, and spoon in fruit. Enjoy!