Salmon Nicoise Salad
A delicious and hearty salad, perfect for any time of year. Easy to make, quick and Whole30 approved!
- 1 2-3lb Salmon Filet
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4-5 Red potatoes
- 1 bunch Asparagus
- 1/2 lb Green beans
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 3 hardboiled eggs or medium boiled if you like them jammy
- 1 cup kalamata or green olives
- 1 head butter lettuce or romaine rinsed and ripped into bite sized pieces
- 1 tsp fresh lemon zest
- OPTIONAL ADD-ONs rainbow radish, sundried tomatoes, roasted zucchini, dried fruits, roasted or sauteed onions.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp whole grain or dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped dill
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped tarragon
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- salt and pepper
Preheat Oven to 400 degrees
Pat salmon dry on both sides and cover with 1 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper. Cut potatoes into 1 inch cubes, rub with olive oil salt and pepper and place on foil lined baking sheet with salmon. Bake in oven for about 20 minutes.
While salmon and potatoes are roasting, prepare green beans and asparagus on separate baking sheet to add on lower rack in the oven with olive oil, salt and pepper, about 10 minutes after you've added salmon and potatoes. Roast for 10-15 minutes.
In a dressing shaker or in a bowl with a whisk, mix all dressing ingredients together until well combined
Once salmon and vegetables are done, pull out of oven and sprinkle lemon zest over top. Add all ingredients to a platter and drizzle with fresh dressing and enjoy!
Calories: 376kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 93mg | Sodium: 444mg | Potassium: 1067mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 2175IU | Vitamin C: 34.6mg | Calcium: 86mg | Iron: 4.2mg