Campfire S'mores Rice Krispie Treats
These rice krispie treats are an easy to make summer treat perfect for camping and snacking. No baking required and they take only 10 minutes to make!
- 3 cups rice krispies
- 12 oz marshmallows
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- heavy pinch of salt
- 6 1/2 graham crackers
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips or melting chocolate
Line up your graham crackers for the bottom layer, you'll need 6 - 6 1/2 depending on your pan size. I used a 9x12 pan to form these in.
Melt your chocolate, you can do this over a double boiler or carefully in the microwave. If you are microwaving add some milk or coconut/nutmilk to help the process along.
Pour your melted chocolate over your graham crackers. Smooth chocolate into even layer.
Now that you've gotten your bottom later ready, start melting your butter in a pan over low-med heat. Once your butter is melted, mix in your marshmallows and melt down slowly.
Mix in your vanilla and salt, stir, and then incorporate your rice krispies into the marshmallow mixture. You may need to do this slowly rather than all at once if your pan isn't large enough to stir around the rice krispies.
Once mixed, take off the heat and put in your chocolate and graham cracker pan. Smooth the top with a cold buttered spoon so the mixture doesn't stick. Top with any additional chocolate chips or graham crackers and refrigerate 30 minutes to harden the chocolate on bottom.
- How long will these last? This should last 3-4 days if you can eat them that slowly!
- Why are my rice krispie treats hard? Well, 2 things: don't overheat on the stove, you don't want to burn the marshmallow, and give it a little rest time after you pull these out of the fridge.
- Why won't my marshmallows melt? Are they old? If they're not melting they are probably tough and stale, so they won't melt.
- Do these need to be refrigerated? No! Don't refrigerate after you harden the chocolate. They're much better at room temperature.
Calories: 346kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 180mg | Potassium: 27mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 39g | Vitamin A: 726IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 3mg